In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful:
Considering the gradual ease of government restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak, please note the following:
So long as the mandated precautionary measures can be properly upheld (see below), Alqalam Islamic Community Center will be OPEN for congregational prayers. All other programs, services, and activities will continue to be suspended until further notice.
*All congregants must abide by the measures listed below:
- Please perform wudhū beforehand as the communal washroom and wudhū facilities will remain closed.
- Please bring your own prayer mat to avoid direct contact with the shared carpets – keep it with you, and do not leave it at the center.
- Do not leave your shoes on the shoe racks near the entrance – keep them with you in a reusable or plastic bag.
- Attendees are required to maintain social distancing from others, including during the prayer.
- Congregants may only pray in the designated prayer spaces marked by tape.
- Avoid hand-shaking and all other forms of physical contact with others.
- Each congregant should wear a face mask.
- Do not touch any of the books or bookshelves.
- If you wish to read the Qur’an, please bring a personal pocket-sized copy or use your phone.
- The center will be locked except as follows:
- The door will be opened 15 minutes before the scheduled prayer time, and locked when prayers begin.
- Latecomers will not be permitted to enter.
- The maximum capacity for each prayer is 17 people.
- If the door is locked, congregants are not allowed to open the door for others waiting outside.
- Please refrain from loitering outside, crowding the area, or tapping on the window.
- All attendees are expected to leave immediately after the congregational prayers are concluded.
- Supererogatory prayers (sunnah and nafl) should be performed at home.
- If you have traveled within the last 14 days, have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, are vulnerable due to underlying health issues, or are experiencing any symptoms of illness, please pray at home and seek medical assistance.
In addition to the above measures, please earnestly turn to Allah, increase in your supplications, seek forgiveness, recite the Qur’an, give charity, and busy yourself with other good deeds whilst avoiding sin.
We ask Allah to heal those who are sick, to protect those who are healthy, and to save us from all harm in these unprecedented times.
May Allah reward you for your continuous support. Ameen.
DISCLAIMER: Failure to comply with the above measures and additional directives by the authorities, our Imam, and volunteers may result in legal consequences and/or denied entry. While public safety is our highest priority, we can not guarantee anyone safety from COVID-19 or any other health issues. Alqalam Islamic Community Center shall not be held liable for any health complications arising from visiting our facility. Any congregant who wishes to attend does so at their own risk.
Furthermore, please note that this is a trial re-opening of the center. Accordingly, everyone is collectively responsible to amicably adhere to the rules in place for the greater benefit of the community. If not, the center will be forced to close indefinitely.